Last updated: 2023-10-27 (YYYY-mm-dd)
What does Piler do?
Piler is a software vendor owned by Janos SUTO, providing email archiving solutions for both organizations and service providers, headquartered in Budapest, Hungary. Our products and services support you using electronic messaging more effectively.
What personal information does Piler collect and why?The personal information that we collect about you falls into the following categories:
Information that we collect from you
We ask you to provide certain information voluntarily, and some information is automatically provided by your internet browser when you visit our Website. These types of information include:
|Types of personal information||Why we collect it|
||Inventory data are required for contracting and determining subject terms and alterations of contract, and are used for contract execution only.|
Usage data are required for making our products available to our customers and needed for accounting purposes; usage data are used for
Log file data:
Log file data are automatically provided by your internet browser. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws. Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Website, where they come from, and what content on our Website is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Website to our visitors.
Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology, as explained further under the heading “Information regarding cookies” below.
If we ask you to provide any other personal information not described above, then the personal information we will ask you to provide, and the reasons why we ask you to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we collect your personal information.
Who does Piler share my personal information with?
We disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- to our distributors and resellers who distribute our products in certain regions, so depending on the region for which you inquire about our products we will refer you to our distributors and resellers to contact you.
- to our advertising service providers: We use Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Google Remarketing as explained further under the headings “Google Analytics“, “Google Adwords“, “Google Remarketing“ below. We use further advertising service providers for the analysis of user behavior in order to optimize our services. These advertising service providers may have access to your personal information. If they do so, this access is provided so that they may perform these tasks on our behalf and they are not authorized by us to otherwise use or disclose your personal information, except to the extent required by law and upon pseudonymization. The pseudonymization of the concerned personal information prevents the attribution of a specific data subject without the use of additional information or obstructs that attribution significantly.
- You can also “opt-out” of the collection of any information through cookies or other tracking technology through the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe www.youronlinechoices.eu.
- A list of our current advertising service providers is available on request. Please email to email@example.com.
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
Google uses the information on our behalf to evaluate how the site is used, create reports about the activities on the site for the site operators, and to perform additional services regarding website and internet utilization. Further, Google may pass this data on to third parties, if required by law or if using their services to analyze this data. Google will not associate IP addresses with any other information held by Google. You can prevent the storing of cookies by choosing the appropriate settings in your browser; however, we would like to point out that in this case some functionality of the website may not be available to its full extent.
Further you can prevent the collection and processing of cookie created data relating to your utilization of the website (including your IP) via Google by downloading and installing the browser-plugin available under the following link (tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en).
You can refuse the use of Google Analytics by clicking on the following link. An opt-out cookie will be set on the computer, which prevents the future collection of your data when visiting this website: Disable Google Analytics.
Further information concerning the terms and conditions of use and data privacy can be found at www.google.com/analytics/terms/gb.html or at www.google.de/intl/en_uk/policies/. Please note that on our Website, Google Analytics code is supplemented by “anonymizeIp” to ensure an anonymized collection of IP addresses (so called IP-masking).
We may use Cloudflare Turnstile to secure our products and websites from abuse.
"Turnstile delivers frustration-free, CAPTCHA-free web experiences to website visitors - with just a simple snippet of free code. Moreover, Turnstile stops abuse and confirms visitors are real without the data privacy concerns or awful user experience of CAPTCHAs." See https://www.cloudflare.com/products/turnstile/ for more.
Information regarding Cookies
Cookies are used to recognize users revisiting our Website and using one of our offers multiple times. Cookies are small text files that your internet browser stores on your device or computer. Cookies help us to analyze usage frequency, the number of people who use our website, user behavior on our website, advertising effectiveness, and to increased security and tailor our service offering to your needs.
Types of Cookies we use:
- Permanent cookies (tracking)
- Session cookies (e.g. partner portal)
You can prevent your browser from storing cookies onto your hard drive by disabling cookies in the browser settings. Alternatively, you may deactivate third-party cookies in your browser. This may limit the functionality of our offers.
In view of Cookies set by our third-party advertising service providers in order to serve interest-based advertising please see above information regarding advertising service providers and opt-out solutions.
Legal basis for processing personal information (EEA visitors only)
If you are a visitor from the European Economic Area, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
We collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so (Art. 6 para 1 lit. a) GDPR); where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you (Art. 6 para 1 lit. b) GDPR); where the processing is in our legitimate interests, e.g. it is conducted for direct marketing purposes, and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms (Art. 6 para 1 lit. f) GDPR); or where we are legally obliged to collect personal information from you (Art. 6 para 1 lit. c) GDPR).
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to initiate a contact with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us.
International data transfers
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different from the laws of your country (and, in some cases, may not be as protective).
Our Website servers are located in Germany and France, whereas third party service providers and advertising service providers operate from the U.S. and other locations around the world. This means that when we collect your personal information we may process it in any of these countries.
We retain personal information we collect from you as long as we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Your data protection rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us.
- In addition, if you are a resident of the European Union, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. (Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area, Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) are available here.)
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us using the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The data controller of your personal information is Janos SUTO, Budapest, Hungary.